Recent Comments

World War Nine said

Hardcore, man. Love the textured look you got comping the distorted rhythms out over the industrial groove.

I’d love to here how you have your tone generators routed through the workflow chain, & even better if you mentioned what your basic workflow looked like ( but don’t tell me anything that’s a trade secret obviously. )

World War Nine said

Wow, really cool treatment of the vocals. Thanks much for putting this together.

Do you have any instrumentals available? I’d love to throw down on some lux lucis tracks & see what happens.

sw
3:39
word60
word60 said

completionenciphermanifest

AMUC
AMUC said

I’m liking the melody played by the flute-like synthesizer. It feels like it goes counter to the rest of the melody, but in a good way.

lux lucis
lux lucis said

Very cool song.

lux lucis
lux lucis said

I really dig this one.

lux lucis
lux lucis said

I love this song.

lux lucis
lux lucis said

I can dig it. Cool song.

lux lucis
lux lucis said

I love it!

lux lucis
lux lucis said

I put some music to your vocals and posted it on my page. Thank you.

@Crossroads

@jackmerlot: Hello? I think I’m in the right place, but there is nobody around right now?
@raven: Caw! Never-more.
@jackmerlot: Well a fat lot of good you are. Can you say anything else, or are you one of those greasy, diseased birds with no conscience?
@raven: Kra-Kaw! Never-more…never-mind…he’s here!
@mingus: And I suppose you’re wondering what you’d do, for a lifetime subscription to Ernie Ball’s Bass Strings of the Month club, & a signed copy of the Black Saint & the Sinner Lady?
@jackmerlot: Hey, wait a minute. A guy that kinda looked like you gave me this card. pulls out business card, printed on heavy bond stock with slightly raised monogram letterpress printed on it
@mingus: Ah, uh, yeah. I mean, Ah Um.
@raven: Kraaaakkow! RED-RUM!
@jackmerlot: Hey, thanks a lot for meeting me, but you’re not actually the guy I meant to meet here.
@woodyguthrie: May I help you?

He’s standing in a State Fair Kissing Booth about 20 yards from @crossroads.

Do you wish to trade business cards with Woody Guthrie? ( y/n )

World War Nine said

“She did? Why wasn’t I informed?” asked Jack Merlot to the two uniformed Minneapolis police officers.

All three of them were on their bicycles. The officers had come up alongside Jack Merlot to remind him that there is No Bicycle Riding on Nicollet Mall Unless You Are an Officer of the Law, but they also stayed in momentum with Jack, as they struggled to answer his plaintive query.

“Probably because you’re not that important.” said Officer Friendly. Jack turned left onto Washington Avenue & proceeded to find his way to Nordest, where at least there was a cold beer waiting for him.

World War Nine said

Aww, man. My cousin’s youngest just turned one; his name is Arlo. I never axed my cousin if they named him after Arlo Guthrie, but I guess in the back of my mind I always assumed they probably considered that when they named him.

“This Machine Kills… Fascists.” written in Sharpie marker on Woody Guthrie’s acoustic guitar.

World War Nine said

Man, I hate fighting the city buildings administrators or f*cking around all day the the Landlord/Tenants Union so I can get the hot water turned back on.

World War Nine said

This Cloud Operation has been isolated by a network technician as being antithetical to the needs of the Cloud Services team.

Mourning person.

World War Nine said

So, if jptio is a moon orbiting Jupiter, & the I/o in Io stands for Input/Output, that means that /u/jptio on Reddit is the Comptroller of the Currency of the Input/Output Bus of the Solar System.

World War Nine said

Oh, cool, someone else uses their pocket phone to harness the modern generator apps for something unusual.

Usually, I get flustered because people think I should somehow be able to buy a Kurzweil or a Korg or even a Roland when that’s simply not in the cards for me. I use the Android sound generator apps to create textures & fill up space with patterns of rhythm & melody, & I’ve started to feel a little bit foolish for even trying to make moderne sound performances, since I mostly rely on an acoustic guitar & my vocal mics to multitrack my compositions.

World War Nine said

If you ever get back to Ganymede, be sure to stop & look at the Ganymede Model Train Museum, which is actually in a structure about the size of a British police booth, except it’s magenta with titanium highlights.

The museum is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Say hi to Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged if you do happen to bump into him, jolly well.

World War Nine said

I’m sorry to hear about your friend.

I get scared sometimes when I’m alone too much & I think about the ways people who have taken their own lives affect me. I guess it’s easy to understand that it’s not a matter of finding a reason to do it; it’s a matter of getting help before any action is taken, & somehow getting through the quicksand long enough to find a reason to be OK again.

World War Nine said

What I mean is, your Circuit Bending outshines that of World War Nine.

But check out my old, old AloneTone page ( http://www.alonetone.com/jackmerlot/tracks ) & listen to Skeleton Key 73 or Around & Aboot as good examples of what kinds of synth sounds I’ve managed; maybe you can give me some advice on how to get some better sequencer software into my flow so I’m not trying to play five instruments at once.

Keep up the good work.

World War Nine said

Wow, the overall structural & textural aspects of this have me shaking my head out of wonder.

I play the guitar for World War Nine ( http://www.alonetone.com/worldwar9 ) but I also play electric bass & fill in on the Yamaha DD55 Drum Druid when necessary ( usually ‘cause Miroslav is too hungover to come to band practice, but I digress ) but one thing I haven’t ever gotten the hang of is keys/synths & such.

I’ve settled for using various filters & Nyquist plugins in Audacity to modify my guitar sound until it’s pretty hard to distinguish from an ( amateur ) keyboardist circuit bending his way through some analogue modeling synthesis software, then jazz it up by using found sound object art as a form of collage, and if I get desperate, I’ll set up PixiTracker or another tracker on my phone & hook it up to the line0 on the computer with a god damned eighth inch stereo mini jack, god damn it.

And, the hell if that don’t work most of the time, just to make sound collages & have something to talk about besides the Trump White House or the Russians or the Wall to Keep Mexicans Out or…

World War Nine said

Aye, that Captain is a creeper, a'skulkin’ down irie morning.

‘N'ah cannah tell from the way he is lookin’ at you, never you mind the peacock feather in ‘is hand, but, yea cannah be sure that his intentions are matching your ambitions, that, 'e be sure to sell you your hand, after you’ve had a hook fitted to replace:

in fact, the Captain will serve you your hand, parboiled with a side of parsnips, under the irie moon, if'n you 'aven’t found something to eat, by then.

Yaargh.

World War Nine said

I ate my crayon. May I have another one?

World War Nine said

Yes, he appears to be Kickin’ It to You, Live; which is hardly surprising given that everybody thought /u/jpt_io was in a hidden underground safe house.

World War Nine said

Stabbed in the eyeball-hole with a shrimp fork at the University of Cambridge Fledgling Spring Forward supper?

Or whut…

World War Nine said

Love the timbre of the wooden “drones” & the overall urgency of the piece.

World War Nine said

Love the part at 1:10 where you start two-timin’ the vocal dub; sounds like you’re in a Railroad Moderne Luxury Car trying to get bottle service.

kavin.
kavin. said

Great groove and pickin here.

lux lucis