The Collective Noun

The Collective Noun

from Dallas, US

Comments on The Collective Noun's stuff

The Collective Noun
The Collective Noun said

Thanks. Rather limited now, no sound system, no proper software, just using Garageband on an old iMac. So I’m glad it sounded OK. (Used basic flat chords, A & B, and played off the Cs and Ds for the melody. Guess that might sound quarterish? Mostly pleased that 7/4 time seemed to work…

AMUC
AMUC said

This sounds very crisp through headphones, and I like how you have the different instruments spread between the left and right channels. I’m also digging the quirky melodic sequences. (Are you using quartertones?)

No pic small

Nice bass sound, enjoyed this.

kavin.
kavin. said

Real nice!

Johnny Stone
Johnny Stone said

Dig this very catchy

Colleen Dillon
Colleen Dillon said

peppy track!!! Love it!

Gene Eric Mann said

A fabulous compilation of sounds. What a strong, mean-ass bass! Love it! This is happenin’, man! Far out groove, dude!

James Michael Taylor
James Michael Taylor said

Digging it! Rock on. I would be adding a chant with this with cool harmonies…

Gene Eric Mann said

That’s some crazy tasty bass!

Gene Eric Mann said

“…used to treat schizophrenia (including adolescent schizophrenia), schizoaffective disorder, the mixed and manic states of bipolar disorder, and irritability in people with autism.”

Warning – listening to this mix down may cause weight gain, diabetes, and death in people with dementia. :D

A powerful, mind-bending mix of sounds. It gets under the skin. Righteous!

Gene Eric Mann said

Out of nothing is eventually generated something – that’s how we all got here, right? So 6-6=1, if you give it time – except there was no time-space continuum before the Big Bang… I’m confused, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah, another cool compilation of delightful sounds, mixed down in a marvelous fashion.

Gene Eric Mann said

Sultry – hot, attractive, passionate – and jazzy smooth.

Gene Eric Mann said

There’s a ‘60s Motown flavor to this one, while yet clearly wrapped in a Collective Noun sound. It’d be interesting – to me, anyway – to hear a vocal track to some of these groovy mix downs.

Gene Eric Mann said

There‚Äôs a bit of darkness in you, no doubt. But greys are colors too, right? Well, I’m no color tech, but I dig the shade of this number.

Gene Eric Mann said

Again, it is that busy bass that delights me most. You’re a very talented percussionist as well. And your gift at the keys is a psychedelic one. But you know your way around the guitar neck as well. Fabulous.

Gene Eric Mann said

At first I thought I was hearing a bass line that could have backed up Bob Dylan or Jimi Hendrix on “All Along the Watchtower,” but the guitar and keys kicked in and took everything to another dimension. And the keys and guitar blend so magically together. Colorful! Happening!

Gene Eric Mann said

That’s some impressive percussion work! Fun keys, interesting bass, wicked scale on the guitar. You are having a blast putting all these tracks together, I can tell. Digging your talent at performing on these instruments and at mixing down and mastering the sound.

Gene Eric Mann said

This would make for great background music in a James Bond movie.

Gene Eric Mann said

I especially dig the bass runs in this one – I love me some busy bass, but this one really gets around!

Gene Eric Mann said

a bit dark, a bit jazzy, a bit funky – not too much of any one thing, but a nice blend of various seasonings. A very professional, tasteful compilation.

Gene Eric Mann said

I hear this and in my funky mind I see vampires, werewolves, and zombies dancing together in a lonely street under the light of the full moon. Come on, that scene would be as groovy and trippy as it would be scary, no? Again, Rock on!

Gene Eric Mann said

A chicken corndog would give me the Blues! Reminds me of the Deep Purple-era of Rock music. Digging the drums, bass, keyboards, and guitar. Power! Rock on!

Gene Eric Mann said

I’m digging the far out oriental scale, the Asian rhythm and the selection of instruments. Tribal and hypnotic and comforting. You’re not stuck to one genre – that is so refreshing. I dig broadness in music and an expansive mind!

Gene Eric Mann said

A excellent, fabulous composition and mix down of sweet sounds. Tasteful panning and volume control. Mastering is at least half the art of a fine recording.

Gene Eric Mann said

I dig your style, your timing, your taste and feel for what you do.

Gene Eric Mann said

Dark, yet tasty, like chocolate. And its brevity would make it perfect for a Gothic TV show’s theme song.

Gene Eric Mann said

Funkilicious! Great groove. Slick and smooth.

Gene Eric Mann said

Dig the build-up. From a simple classic, laid-back folk sound, “Gone” expanded and evolved into something more sophisticated, colorful, and flavorful. Great compilation – Rock on!