Comments on Newbold's stuff

Newbold said

thanks Jim --- it is quite the frequency mix going on-- I am just getting my feet wet with the macbook pro I have now.-- is quite a machine.-

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
jimgoodinmusic said

dance of frequencies abound in this.

Newbold said

Yes that is a great compliment.. AMUC.. I watched all those episodes and movies as a little kid.. they seem to still have their influence over me and my music..

AMUC's avatar
AMUC said

This sounds like it would be at home in an Alfred Hitchcock movie or possibly a Twilight Zone episode.

witzelsucht's avatar
witzelsucht said

Some nice trippy sounds in there

Newbold's avatar
from my tapes from 2009 it is part of three tapes digitized ... :) the high resolution is here https://soundcloud.com/h92o/sets/tape-archives-set-one-new-recorder-high-quality-all I put most of the audio tapes on video too.. and uploaded…read more
Newbold said

Thanks AMUC yeah this is one of the newer tapes I digitized a few months ago --- I used these digitized tapes in the background on videos as a layer sometimes. it is what I have been doing with these taped sounds.---

AMUC's avatar
AMUC said

I like this sort of thing - it reminds me of what you hear on shortwave in an empty spot where there are no voices. You get atmospherics and other artifacts from technological devices. At times it can almost sound musical.

Joss Manley's avatar
Joss Manley said

This is pretty dope..

Newbold's avatar
the first Acid pro 10 stuff where I rework a recent work using the stretch effect and algorithms this is the original work here https://alonetone.com/acid/tracks/process+on+1 this is the selection that resulted in stretching, in high resolution…read more
Newbold said

thanks Chris.. :) the acid 10 process used to stretch this section of sound,, is just intense. --- and the section is where the sound is growing ,, and increasing.

vaisvil's avatar
vaisvil said

Cool sounding!

spacehoers's avatar
spacehoers said

I don't know what movie this is, but I think I want to see it!

Newbold's avatar
the old song from 1993 mixed with tonites work on c-sound. :) just tooling about in c-sound. Q thing. someone comment on the drift at the end of this.. my reply is thus --- that drift was made in 1993 when I after I think I had an mac two…read more
Breaking Light's avatar
Breaking Light said

Kinda musique concrete, I like!

from a longer work the final ending here.. :) in LMMS program. on windows 10---
coelocanth's avatar
coelocanth said

Like the subtle tonal colors

Newbold's avatar
from the video work and music with the midi located here https://archive.org/details/herewegoslowly
Sound-In's avatar
Sound-In said

Yeah! Now I wanna get a hardware synth!

Newbold's avatar
there I am trying to record midi I should be happy about making sounds you know... yeah I know.

hommmm

hello

Newbold's avatar
Charlene Stocker reads her poem I play music ... it is neat for the sound in event focusing.. October
kavin.'s avatar
kavin. said

Good job!

Newbold's avatar
for the sound in animoog work four parts played together here.
vaisvil's avatar
vaisvil said

this may be long, but it isn't empty. I really, really like this one!

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
jimgoodinmusic said

nice sense of tonal nostalgia, true electro-acoustic

vaisvil's avatar
vaisvil said

this has a lovely mood that is introspective and unique