Comments on lux lucis's stuff

Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

Yep, this one too.

Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

Cool sounds. Very atmospheric.

Brett Warren's avatar
Brett Warren said

This is cool! It feels like a fine balance between sort of incidental plumbing noise and a drum circle.

lux lucis's avatar
Shaken awake It's that time again The staff tonight Are friendly men Standing outside To the bone, we're chilled Smoking, silent, freezing We're all so still My eyes, rapt, are riveted To the calamities above Bursting, unfurling…
Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

Wow... much craziness. Love that random ding on the piano jumping out at me. Digging the lyrics... Powerful images... kinda made me think off what used to pass for a night out when I was younger!!

witzelsucht's avatar
witzelsucht said

Sometimes I like a bit of insanity ... nice one

Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

Yeah. Like it. Has a kind of tortured claustrophobic vibe to it. I can't hear everything he's saying - but I can hear enough to know I don't wanna be where he is. Love the compelling rhythm - sounds like people digging rhythmically.... first listen I just liked/appreciated it... second listen... yeah, loved it.

Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

Cool. Don't know whether this was what you had in mind, but I found this really relaxing - I'm kind of at peace after listening to it.

Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

There's a lot going on here. Love the idea - gravity pulling you to sleep - and I love the way different guitar parts interract with the simple piano.

thewizardsofvomit's avatar
thewizardsofvomit said

Cool usage of echo on the vocals!

Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

Yep, mighty cool. Hadn't realised this was the first from you in a while. I'm going to check out your older stuff.

Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

Wow

Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

Cool track

Brett Warren's avatar
Brett Warren said

You're gettin' into some really interesting freaky textures here

Brett Warren's avatar
Brett Warren said

Freaky, I like it.

pharmakeus's avatar
pharmakeus said

Interesting use of silence :)

pharmakeus's avatar
pharmakeus said

Spooky and complex :) Beautiful keys around the middle. The outro is also really nice imho

pharmakeus's avatar
pharmakeus said

Scary! :) Dark and cool

lux lucis's avatar
Don’t worry about it don’t you fret don’t cry about tomorrow it hasn’t happened yet when times are hard just kneel and pray and one more thing I have to say we’re gonna work it out… there’s nothing about tomorrow that you can’t…
Radio Roswell's avatar
Radio Roswell said

that bass line is awesome.

lux lucis's avatar
It’s not like we’ve been told The air and the water make me old I worry about that and forget about this I stand up and get dismissed Every time I slip I’m holding the saw… It’s not like we’ve been told The air and the water make me…
World War Nine's avatar
World War Nine said

Hardcore, man. Love the textured look you got comping the distorted rhythms out over the industrial groove. I'd love to here how you have your tone generators routed through the workflow chain, & even better if you mentioned what your basic workflow looked like ( but don't tell me anything that's a trade secret obviously. )

doktordoktor's avatar