Comments on slkrell's stuff

A Buffalo Sinners Tale 1873
Greg Connor said

Ahhhhhhh … nothing better than a little banjo.

Yah its going to be Fat Tuesday, king cake, Green Purple and Gold and all Carnival. see you all dancing on Canal Street
Greg Connor said

You got my feet moving!

Colleen Dillon said

Jealous…. Wish I could be there! This one took me right there though… Thanks!

A Buffalo Sinners Tale 1873
Colleen Dillon said

Beautiful sound on that banjo picking… Your voice is perfect for this one too! Good story…. bleached bones on the range - what a visual!!!

Les Pauls'like to be palm muted.
Bethan Mathis said

Mellow and smooth.

Bethan Mathis said

Lovin it Yankee.

Greg Connor is getting married
Greg Connor said

If Rosie goes back to you in 6 months, like you predict, I’m keeping the TV.

Good song Steve!

The Danes sure liked to loot the Saxons no they are not foot ball teams they are history
Greg Connor said

This makes my mind wander to other places. Beautiful song.

Hi Gary Fox just did a "Who Knew" upload that Greg Connor thought up as a challenge.. So here is mine. lots of great songs built on this idea . lets all do more ! .
Greg Connor said

Delightful , you got it man!

Lyrics By James Sexton artist and framer Music slkrell Jim asked me to set his song to music as he claims he cannot even hum He HE . My pleasure
Colleen Dillon said

Love your voice! What a sweet story about this little boy.

A lil tale about the street and wall street in the style of Bob Zimmerman
oldfolks2 said

Good one Steve.

Greg Connor gave me a chance to write lyrics to his wonderful music. thank you Greg.
Greg Connor said

Been a long time since I heard this. It’s like a little gift.

I opened up my banjo case a couple days ago to find an absolute disaster. The tailpiece self destructed.

Hearing this makes me think I better get the old banjo fixed soon! Thanks for posting this again.

A bit of a sea tale of the American Coal Hauler "The Rose of The Maine". The details from the Maritime Regestry ,The Story from my Salty mind.
Greg Connor said

Good story put to music.

Second Original Sea Tale featuring Bowed Banjo for the Whale Sounds. The world was lit by Whale oil Lamps and It made being a Whale Very Treacherous. You wont find this on Google. Circa 1843 You wont find me on Google Either.
Greg Connor said

Bowed banjo? Nice touch!

whew, well it does upload eventully. new look , very quirky Blind Blake It took two weeks to learn this syncopated Picking style, Well worth the effort.
Greg Connor said

Ohhhhhhhh, I like the one.

well that's more like it now you'all can like it !! the strange endings are to tell me if you hang long enough to tell or I am lazy.
H R Music said

Been awhile since I’ve been here. They’ve changed the site and I’m having trouble navigating it … however, love the song labeled Police Dog.

slkrell said

The Brave Lads Who Sail Are Remembered Here.

slkrell said

This is childhood time travel ,It used to be called reading

Sister Savage said

Think I might be a bit of a fan.

Winter always makes my mind wander to warmer climes
Sister Savage said

Love the toasty feel - and your smooth voice, as always.