Comments on stoman's stuff

DON'T ASK ME TO DANCE Kim Noble: Lyrics, Vocals, Vocal Melody Pete Smith: Drums Jorge Paulo: Bass Steffen Offermann: Keys, Original Music, Production & Mix
AMUC said

It has a very 70s/80s feeling vibe to it, and I mean that as the highest praise possible. I could genuinely have heard this on the radio in that era.

Brett Warren said

Excellent. I think this is probably one of the better songs I’ve heard from you! The band sounds very tight on this one, and the vocal performance is top notch.

Lyrics, Vocals, Vocal Melody: Kim Noble Bass: Alberto P. Drums: Robert Cudmore Saxophone: Jan Kopcak Original Music & Production: Steffen Offermann
James Michael Taylor said

Sounds like ‘50s dance tune. Especially like the move where it says, “I guess I’ll be on my way…”

Vocals, Vocal Melody: Gerry Finan Lyrics: Tez Katalaja Backup Vocals: Kim Noble Guitars, Bass: Jorge Paulo Drums: Robert Cudmore Original Music & Production: Steffen Offermann
doktordoktor said

Very good and easy listening song. Arrangement and production excellent as usual Steffen!

Radio Roswell said

Nicely produced and arranged. The chorus id really cool.

Lyrics, Vocals, Vocal Melody: Gerry Finan Backup Vocals: Kim Noble Drums: Robert Cudmore Bass: George Schiessl Saxophone: Jan Kopcak Percussion: Pete Smith MIDI Guitar: Gary Miller Original Music, Production & Mix: Steffen Offermann

well done

doktordoktor said

Upbeat and pleasant song, well produced as usual, Steffen. Nice

Lyrics: Mike Mantecon Vocals, Vocal Melody: Mike Wilferd Guitars: Jim Lawlor Bass: Alan Reynolds Original Music & Production: Steffen Offermann
doktordoktor said

Excellent Steffen! Emotional without sounding miserable, as James said.

EDIT 2017-09-02: MIDI guitars and drums were replaced with real instruments. Lyrics, Vocal Melody: Kim Noble Electric Guitars: Uli Lang Acoustic Guitars: James Fraser Bass: Jean Lui Toudou Drums: Nick Anderson Original Music & Production…
James Michael Taylor said

This is really peppy. Like the snappyness of the midi stuff. Maybe I’ll try some midi guitar.

Lyrics: Mike Graszyk Vocals, Vocal Melody: Jessica Rasche Guitars: Derek Barlas Bass: George Schiessl Drums: Ole Kirkeby Original Music & Production: Steffen Offermann
James Michael Taylor said

I really like this song. Especially the vocal. Sad Rock! But…there are places it’s so far back into the mix that I can’t tell what she is saying.

AND…thanks for listening to my music.

James Michael Taylor said

Strange how you have such happy music with such sad story.

doktordoktor said

Atmospheric, great tune, nice singing, well mixed, I really like it. Well done Steffen!

Lyrics: Paul Dempsey Vocals: Mike Wilferd Bass: Jacquelin Plante Original Music & Production: Steffen Offermann
doktordoktor said

Nice tune Steffen : )

FUNNY PAGES Lyrics: Tracy Hutchison Vocals: Kim Noble, Alan Abernethy Bass: Jean Lui Toudou Drums: Robert Cudmore Guitars: Markus Lammarsch
doktordoktor said

Really good. This is a great arrangement Steffen.

TRYING TO WRITE A SONG Lyrics: Tez Katajala Vocals: Kim Noble Bass: Lean Lui Toudou
stoman said

Thanks for listening on commenting, James! And I love it when you tell us all something about the background of your songs. I wish I’d have the time to listen more often. You are one of the last “true song writers” IMO.

James Michael Taylor said

I like the way you play the voices against eachother. Very strong melodies.
Also, Thanks for listening to my music and commenting. The song about Jack Hardy is a very “in” joke. I make gentle fun of an American legend. He’s gone on since then. I played it once when I opened for him. We were friends and fans of eachother.

James Michael Taylor said

Great.

CURIOSITY Vocals, Lyrics: Kim Noble Guitars: James Fraser Bass: Jean Lui Toudou Drums: Robert Cudmore
stoman said

Hey J.L. and Bethan! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Bethan Mathis said

Super track Steffen. Very polished, I love Kim’s vocal and the band is excellent.

Hey stoman¡¡¡Regards.Jean Lui