Comments on vaisvil's stuff

vaisvil's avatar
Winter 1977 / 1978 - band is Clay percussion, Evan guitar and guitar pedals (synth sounds), Mike Barry piano, Mike Craddock bass, and Chris guitar (with echo / volume pedal) This was the next to last jam of the night
2starsho's avatar
2starsho said

Great atmosphere!

Solo 17 edo guitar with effects
Newbold's avatar
Newbold said

wow---Darmok with hands held open.. :) It could have a counterpoint track added from a synthesizer performance that could happen-- maybe using this work as part of the synth construction--???

vaisvil said

Andrew, sorry - I wasn't even think of that even though I saw a live show video by HAIM where some young ladies from southern California ripped that cover song up! Worth a search!

Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

So I put 77/78 together with the title "Oh Well" and came up with... "wow! they played that?... ummm... er... ok... when does the riff start then??" lol ... Once I got to the end, I realised it obviously wasn't ever going to burst into "I can't help about the shape I'm in / I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin"... So I went round again... and appreciated some very cool sounds. In fact, this is mighty cool.

vaisvil's avatar
Ben Smith and my Church piano + numerous guitar effects.
Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

This washes over you in a kind of all-enveloping way

vaisvil's avatar
Thank you Greg, Colleen, and Andrew for your comments. I need to add a little more from that day so long ago. The Battle for Layfayette Square were improvisational warm ups and cool downs for practicing this progressive rock attempt that clocks…
Newbold's avatar
Newbold said

yes very powerful music and lyrics.. can't quite hear the lyrics but I am glad you wrote them out the lyrics are the best I have seen ..-- wow

Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

I thought I'd commented?! .... anyways, WOW that's a monster. I'll give it another listen over the next few days.

coelocanth's avatar
coelocanth said

Was somebody listening to Can? ;)

vaisvil's avatar
Antoinette plays keys, Anonymous plays drums, Evan is guitar left, Chris is guitar right (sorry I was a jerk and too loud) - This dates from 1977 when I was a classical major and Antoinette a piano major. Even though this improvisation was from…
Greg Connor's avatar
Greg Connor said

Great interpretation! ( I have typed and erased several times and now . . . . I'll just leave it at that)

vocal, guitar x2 bass
spacehoers's avatar
spacehoers said

Good stuff!

Colleen Dillon's avatar
Colleen Dillon said

Wow!!! It totally does fit the narrative of Lafayette Square...

Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

I'm about to get called into a zoom meeting for work... I'll be back for the rest after

Andrew Russe's avatar
Andrew Russe said

I've always imagined you younger than me. But if you were doing this in 77 (I was 14 and in a choir, and writing songs about Garden Gnomes), then obviously not! This is mighty cool stuff for back then... wow

ambient 17 edo guitar
Newbold's avatar
Newbold said

good sounds going on in this.

Prophet 12 and Linnstrument
Newbold's avatar
Newbold said

this.. this is so neat.. it has many different elements in a wide variety of way shapes maybe but a kind of protest in sound very good.

vaisvil's avatar
Scored for harp, flute, french horns, trombones, tuba. Still not quite as mixed as I'd like still unrealistic in places.
James Michael Taylor's avatar
James Michael Taylor said

Love it. So relaxing.

vaisvil's avatar
performed with 2 tracks of a Prophet 12 desk module and an Alesis Q49 in Magic 19 of 41 edo tuning.
Newbold's avatar
Newbold said

nice work here--

vaisvil's avatar
prophet desk module and parva desk module synths with effects and percs
Newbold's avatar
Newbold said

The end of this is.. the best part .. that part with out drums just is what I like... Things like that as a whole song would be neat. Anyway people usually like drums.. I like sound effects..

17 edo guitar through data corrupter, attack / decay, hall of fame reverb
Newbold's avatar
Newbold said

rather long but well worth the listen the sounds are new and old going on in a wild mix that I like ..--

3 tracks of prophet 12 desk module with effects in harmonic series tuning
Newbold's avatar
Newbold said

there is a glitch or two .. that is on purpose ? or is it my system popping skips.. and such ? I don't see that in the wave map above..--- it could be my system ---- since I am doing memory management? ---IDK