Comments on DanielB 's stuff

This is a piece of happy, dancy synth music. It is kind of old school, so much so in fact that it actually features a genuine vintage analog synthesizer - a Roland JX-8P. Updated 29/3/2010 Minor update 31/3/2010 Updated 5/4/2010

Sick !

THis is another exploration of the piano and super saw genre.
plamy said

Great energetic, electronic track with a hint of mystery in places!

This is what happens when technology lets you down.
Ronald Walter said

Very nice

This track is played entirely on the DSI Mopho analogue monophonic synthesizer.

Nice

This is a cover of Gary Numan's "Airlane".

you got the vibe right , i like the flange you put on the right panned low sound

This is what happens when technology lets you down.

Ooo, this is a dance track! Bee does dance tracks,
well, Bee dances Ha ha!
I like this, who needs technology anyway when we have rhythm!

This is a cover of Gary Numan's "Airlane".

Especially good through headphones. Really well done, an excellent cover.

This track is played entirely on the DSI Mopho analogue monophonic synthesizer.

Really great demo of mopho sounds and an impressive composition!

This piece was played entirely on the Fairlight CMI iPad app, and mixed in Ableton Live. Jean Michel Jarre eat your heart out!
DanielB said

Hi Daz,

Thanks for your comment!

To get the audio into Ableton I simply soloed each track and recorded it through the iPad’s headphone output.

I then mixed the audio in Ableton Live in the usual way.

Hi Daniel. Great track! I’m old enough to remember when the first Fairlight was released. I even wrote to the company to receive a brochure and free sample cassette tape which I still have!!! Quick question - you said you mixed the track using Ableton… can you please tell me how you got the track data out of your ipod/pad and into Ableton? I have Abelton but don’t have the Fairlight app so I’m trying to work out how it was done. Thanks. Daz

Synthpop, written and arranged by me.
igor said

~Synthpop, Synthpop~

Welcome to the dark side. . .

Great Depeche Mode feel

This piece is mostly played on the MFB Microzwerg, hence the name. Other instruments used incluse the Roland JX-8P and the Emu Emax II.

Wonderful pop song. Fantastic chorus.

Excellent composition! The section starting @ 0:45 is especially good. Really well done and perhaps the most impressive piece I’ve heard composed and played on the Fairlight app.

Romantic romplers and sexy synths!

Nice saxophone synth! I like this sound! It’s a relaxing track that you have there… Keep it up!

This piece is based around a talking patch that I made for the Korg Radias. Is this the first time I've done something that's not synth-pop? Updated 28/8/2011 Updated 29/8/2011 Updated 9/9/2011 (twice)

So 80s in the right way!

funny track!Make me think of Zoolook by Jean-Michel Jarre! <3

This is awesome!! :O

This is the first outing for my new Roland JP8000. What better way to introduce it than with the magnificent supersaw waveforms? Updated 20/2/2011 Updated 1/5/2011

Awesome!!

rocking daniel

Great stuff!

This started out with the rhythm, and then it took me a month to find a tune to go with it. I used three synths: my Mopho, Matrix 1000, and a great deal more Roland JP8000 than I originally intended.

Always love your refreshing retro beats! Another crystal clear mix!

520 said

love the intro riff :) the lead instrument sounds like they could be the tones for a lead singer. Groovy sounds :)

This track is played entirely on the DSI Mopho analogue monophonic synthesizer.

hi

This track is played entirely on the DSI Mopho analogue monophonic synthesizer.

lots of talent and excellent equipment yields great results.

Romantic romplers and sexy synths!
richardlaceves said

i sent a note but i do not see it so here goes again
really,, really nice piece,, i like the way you work the theme,, is it a synth oboe or what? again,, nice piece

The synths kind of wrote this one themselves. Updated 16/1/2011.
richardlaceves said

light and fun in feel,, very popi,, nice work

Romantic romplers and sexy synths!
richardlaceves said

really really ,, nice,,, synth oboe? or what,,, your work here is very strong, i like how you handle/work the theme

This one is well executed. Good textures, with the subdued rhythm- really nice. I would actually dance to this (with some good vocals). Again- keen sense of rhythm & motion in this track.

Romantic romplers and sexy synths!

Sounds like the theme to some retro TV show - brilliant work!