Comments on Derek Dibbern's stuff

It's become a kind of Anthem for me. This song (obviously) inspired the name of an earlier incarnation of my musical performance art project which went by the name of "Planet Ground and the Cloud of Unknowing" . Jon Appleget and I explored the…read more

yeah mate!!!

Creighton Keane said

I like the guitar on this.

Wow your amazing. See you tonight!

This is the first of 5 I will be uploading from a gig at The Bourbon Theatre in Lincoln, NE on 11/27/13 Recorded, mixed & mastered by Metal Sean of DreamPro Recording

Love it! - James from NY

I remember this one! Still love it! You have an amazing talent my son!

Based on the prophecy by Grandfather that when "the Great Change" (apocalypse/armageddon/birth of new earth) was about to occur, the sky would turn red. When the sky turns red, get outta dodge! Hit the wilderness, and you better know how to…

hows your skillz brother

Meditative piece. acoustic guitar, native american flute, middle eastern frame drum.
kirklynch said

Quite lovely!

First experimental release from Frek and the Elixir. Frek and the Elixir is my solo project. The song changes a lot! listen through to the end to take the whole journey!
Drop D said

I think you found the elixir.
FUN journey through sound! This is a soundtrack begging for film.

lgh said

Great song!
When the sky turns green, you’d better run, as well…..LOL

LG

Re-Working of sat am jam with my friend Scott Meister adding Bass and texture. Much better than original!

Pretty jammin’ :)

Drop D said

Hey, it was GREAT jamming with you on this! Looking forward to more collaborations in the future!

Would be nice if there was a fast forward function here to get to the highlights. Then again, its amazing how much can be done on a 2 note theme.

will from kingsville ontario canada– trippin balls– love the mix

Diggin’ the beautiful journey! The changes at about 12:40 to the end are sweet!

Languidchapomalt

Minibar Madness said

At eleven minutes at the moment and still mesmerised by it - suits my mood, nice one!

just a dubby experimental saturday morning jam- straight to "tape"
kavin. said

That bass line has an acoustic sound to it, then processed? Cool.

just a dubby experimental saturday morning jam- straight to "tape"

Sweet Jam! Perfect way to wake up in the morning. Just made my coffee, sat down…hit play on this and POW! BEAUTIFUL DAY!

just a dubby experimental saturday morning jam- straight to "tape"
hojorising said

Derek, nice song. A little more polished than the Sat Am Jam we put together…….

just a dubby experimental saturday morning jam- straight to "tape"
Derek Dibbern said

jamming thru the loop with kaossillator, acoustic/electric guitar - straight to “tape”

totally takes me back to the smell at the center of the universe!

alexisfromtexas said

Very peaceful and well titled and visual.

Staying in NYC for a month. makes you think

i bet it does make you think…esp with that guy trying to set off that carbomb. They are just testing out our response. Preparing for something bigger.

This is a great song. The lyrics are great.

Staying in NYC for a month. makes you think
kirklynch said

Great song writing!

another from Lincoln the Chain. We recorded this in New York City.

Geeeze awesome tune well, pro quality, done all around , i’m gonna probably gonna heve to look for a new hobbie.

Staying in NYC for a month. makes you think

I like it well done.

Kind of a Sonic Youth version of the old folk tune. This was with my band Lincoln The Chain. Our vision was to create new and weird versions of tunes from the old timey days. Traveling music for post apocalyptic underground railroad...
Breaking Light said

Kudos for resurrecting this traditional song.

i love this track!

written in the spirit of Dorothy Day and Roshi Bernie Glassman. The beggar is a king. the king a beggar.
sinuata said

Great treatment on the vocals & overall sound!