Comments on monopoli's stuff

Nice song!

plamy said

Fun track – energetic and feels like there’s a lot going on (which suits your track’s title!).

I had programmed a drumtrack based on Can's Vitamin C at the end of january in preparation for RPM. Last week I read that the drummer Jaki Liebzeit died the 22th of january. The other idea was to stay on one chord for a long time and use reverb…read more
Brett Warren said

Great groove to this one. Really hypnotic. Took me ‘til about 2 minute mark before I was like, 'wait! damn, this is good!’

Midlife crisis? I'm not going to reflect too much on these lyrics. It might be interesting to myself to hear again 5 or 10 years from now. I used a guitarnoise with a EH Graphic Fuzz and Hardwire RV-7 with a reverse reverb (I used this too in…
Brett Warren said

I like the interplay of the bass and acoustic. Really nice.

Another unintentional instrumental. I quite like this as a track though it doesn't really go anywhere.
Brett Warren said

Drifts beautifully. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with some easy listening sometimes!

doktordoktor said

Very good. Mellow and cool, without being boring. Well done!

vledderplet said

I’m dying this is so good

hesseroni said

clever

This started sounding quite Nick Caveish and at the same time I wanted to do something with Joe Meek; so it's a murderballad-variation on Johnny Remember me. There's stylophone and theremin in there. The theremin is quite effective at some points…read more
sister savage said

One of my ultimate alonetone faves. Tarantino needs to hear this.

Made for the 2015 RPM Challenge

Hey, lekkere nummers man! Goed bezig.
Peace,
Bart

Brett Warren said

I like it… kinda Euro-disco-ey meets elevator music. Relaxing AND I can sort of dance to it.

Johnny Stone said

Nice sound cool beat

These four songs were written for the RPM Challenge 2013 (which I didn't finish, I finished these songs for RPM 2015) My idea for lyrics of the record was not to use the words You an I. So that's where this came from.
A Bit More Better Productions said

Lush

A Bit More Better Productions said

Great idea this.. Its amazing what comes of rpm

A Bit More Better Productions said

Fonkay. Enjoying the whole vibe here

A Bit More Better Productions said

A Bit More Better Productions said

That’s gorgeous. Also very impressed how you ensured it was the perfect accompaniment to my mood and the task I’m engaged in

The lyrics are pretty self-explanatory; work it out for yourself! :-)
goss said

great feeling and music! I’ve been longing for such a refreshing “Canterbury” prog sound for so long. Thank you!

Edmonds Makes Noise said

incredible

Brett Warren said

Where’d you go???

11. Mermaid My Casio-tune (for the Casio Challenge) Recorded through a microphone so you can hear me tapping away at the crappy little keys of the SA-3. Since it started to sound very sinister and reminded me also of the sea I wanted to add lyrics…
Norm said

I like the tapping… great percussive feel.

For the lyrics I tried to "paint a picture" rather than tell a story or make a clear point. I was thinking of Caroline No by the Beach Boys about a girl who suddenly lost the glow of youth. The lyric is not quite succesfull but... it will have…read more
Rog Hildreth said

Very very nice!

Brett Warren said

I’m really enjoying your work, monopoli. Like your voice (reminds me of a mixture between Andy Partridge and Rogers Waters) and your light pop aesthetic. Good stuff.

Brett Warren said

very unique, nice job, sir.

Another instrumental; some nice sounds and additional keyboard by Peter Dematté

I love this album!!!! :-D

I had to write a lyric for this one on the last day and really had no good ideas. So, as the title says... A bit of a shame as I kinda liked the vocal melody and bassline. It's one of the lesser tracks now (together with the first one)
The Old Grey Wolf Ltd Co said

Some good stuff here, almost cheerful, reminds me of a by-gone age in a good way.

Guitar Music by Tim Brown said

Hey, this song really hit the spot. I love the arrangement and feel of it. Thanks for posting.

corbinSound said

Love the guitar!!

The lyrics are pretty selfexplanatory; it's about so-called magic-pill-solutions. The doubletracked "guitarsolos" could have been better but I only recorded them on the last day and thought it might be OK a little rough and off. I did them really…read more
Reefwalker said

Ill take a dozen. cool tune, like the bass and the floating guitar FX’s

9. One big Eurocity The title is nicked from a line in a Tuxedomoon-song. I wanted to have lyrics for this one about travelling and coming across similarities in different cities in Europe. But, alas, no time left. It's an instrumental now.
spf006 said

Hello Monopolists! (sorry, couldn’t resist playing on the name, no offense intended)

I’m writing to inquire about permission to use your music in a podcast I produce and of which I am technical-director. Its called the IndieBookMan Show and explores independent publishing every week. You can check out past episodes at http://IndieBookMan.com/TheShow We’re constantly pairing independent artists’ music with our interviews and show topics, for which we give verbal/audio credits within the show and also links with your choice of copy on the website for each episode in which your music gets used. Please let me know if we can include you, I love the guitaristic sounds and textures that come from your synths.

Keep up the great stuff,
Thanks in advance,