Twin Peaks (Falling)
This is my cover of the Twin Peaks Theme, “Falling.”
I’ve always adored the vibe of this series. This is my attempt to capture how it makes me feel. The original has music by Angelo Badalamenti and lyrics by David Lynch.
You’ll have to be patient, but there is a reward; a moment where it all comes together.
I started by recording and recreating the sounds of the instruments from the original recording as best I could. I spent hours working on matching the tremelo bass and rhodes.
Then I decided to make it mine.
Only the climax at the end actually samples the original track (in order to extract the violins).
I need to tighten up the arrangement, depending on how it holds up to me over time (I’m still working on the mix, gotta get some headroom back!).
This song makes very heavy use of the wonderful plugins from the guys at GoodHertz, including Lossy, Vulf, Lohi, Faraday. If you make music on a mac, you need to at least grab the free Faraday: http://goodhertz.co
- Bass Vulf: https://goodhertz.co/faraday-lim/1.1.1/?th:-14/co:122/wm:49/out:-3
- Banjo Vulf https://goodhertz.co/vulf-comp/1.1.1/?cm:88/wf:0/out:-1/cat:8/drl:0
- Banjo Faraday: https://goodhertz.co/faraday-lim/1.1.1/?th:-11.6/wm:63/out:-8
- Beat 1 Lossy (automated): https://goodhertz.co/lossy/1.1.1/?ls:8/mix:0/lt:1
- Juno Lohi: https://goodhertz.co/lohi/1.1.1/?frq:1230/slp:12/res:3/thr:-24/out:1/hq:1
- Juno Faraday: https://goodhertz.co/faraday-lim/1.1.1/?th:-19.5/wm:-50/cat:0.5/cre:0.5/out:-6.5/lm:1/lsg:3