James Michael Taylor

James Michael Taylor

from Cowtown Texas, US

Comments on James Michael Taylor's stuff

Lovely James. What a blessing to cheer up my down morning.

And ALL of that… I remember when my boys first came to CA. They were late teens, and early 20s. I took them to see Sunset cliffs. If you don’t know it, it’s easy to imagine: a sweeping vista of sky, sea and pelicans on a postcard. We got out, walked around… they said nothing, somber faces, withdrawn. “I step out of my car/ I don’t know where we are…” It seemed the oddest thing at the time, but I knew this is what they were feeling. This song carries the magnificence of arrival in a beautiful new world. Or when my mother drove my sister & I from OK to CA to join my dad during the Korean War. Somewhere in New Mexico along Rt 66 we pulled over to sleep for a few hours. I woke up at dawn before anyone else, to discover the windshield of the car was filled with an enormous glowing ball. At age 6, I had never seen anything like this sun. I hardly knew what it was. This song was written for such moments. A beautiful, beautiful song. And those guitars in the middle are liquid light. Thank you for thinking of me in relation to this. I will always feel a tiny bit it belongs to me.

Delightul! Notes of honey on that guitar solo! Lyrics are a poem. The pipes coming back at the end, haunting. Something very Irish about this.

LOVE this! Love all that’s going on dramaticaly in the sound track. Love the use of text from the book. Love the driving rat-a-tat rhythm. Very creative. Almost like a movie! :)

Good rendition I am sure Teddy Roosevelt would be proud. I sang this song every day at elementary school for 6 years.

James Michael Taylor
James Michael Taylor said

GEEZUS, Jim, you keep freaking me out w these amazing songs!! So many styles, and this is my very favorite… until the next fav comes along!! Great lyrics, love the back up vocals, guitar solo, and hope you don’t mind me sayin’ a bit of a JJ Cale/ Tulsa Sound vibe by my ear. Mesmerizing. Gwyn Henry

Reefwalker
Reefwalker said

everything is right on here. vox and mood. would love to hear more of this

Love it that he lived (has lived?) so long, long enought to enjoy this song as much has he seems to have, and sing it in duets with you. What a joy. And I love to song, too. Our shared roots and Red Dirt!

This brings tears to my eyes. The imagery couldn’t be better for spreading empathy.

❤️i love this!

Colleen Dillon
Colleen Dillon said

You have to tell her!!!!!!!! For sure!!!!!

Colleen Dillon
Colleen Dillon said

Wow!!! I just love this song. The chorus is amazing! Whoever you wrote this for must be basking in the love this shows….

Greg Connor
Greg Connor said

Yes, this song is filled with optimism and hope. You pointed us in the right direction!

James Michael Taylor
James Michael Taylor said

Guest (108.74.97.225) said 11 hours ago
This is a lovely song that can stir memories of a young girl listening to the Everly Brothers on the radio, while doing the dishes and daydreaming about what romance would be like when she becomes a teenager. We all need more of this vibe and less negativity.

Wonderfull, the story’s got my mind ticking over

imagery is perfect james.

This is a very good song.

James Michael Taylor
James Michael Taylor said

What a Beautiful spooky song… Brought tears to my eyes… Mission accomplished! Honored to be part of the inspiration that lead to your creation James Michael Taylor - Sunshine Avery

Thanks for sharing this beautiful song, Jim. As always, you are a craftsman when it comes to songwriting and producing your work.

Damn, old son… I had forgotten this song: “It was the couch my parents gave to me… Behind the couch were pics and hair and pins… ” <<AND MEMORIES Oh, my…oh, my. JMT, This very good (and very sad) song gives me reason to recall… When I was young and rambling around the country (young and stupid… usually drunk and often crazy) my folks gave me an old couch of theirs; I could load it and my few belongings in the bed of my old pickup and hit the road… and run away from whatever demons had found me. Many different cities and for many years… I slept on that old couch. During that time, I never owned a bed… beds were too much trouble to load. But that old blue and white flowery couch fit in the back of my pickup perfectly… and easily… and if you were running from demons… it loaded quickly.

stoman
stoman said

Great songwriting!

James Michael Taylor
James Michael Taylor said

Gwyn Henry Trying to think of words to express how beautiful i find this to be. The ending image is a brilliant metaphor for the narrative… full of the night, and glittering with otherworldly magic and things that are truer than true. I would love to dance this, even in my 7th decade.

PS!!! To those of you who read the last post… FYI… The album I am talking about is HELLO <2008> (look for it in the JMT PLAYLIST SECTION)

Damn, old son! What a collection of g-damn good songs! This album got lost in the rush of all the good albums that blew in with the Peggy Winds! DAMN GOOD ALBUM!

I wonder how this very good song would sound now, if recorded with the more “mature” voice that 10 years has given JMT? Good song, VERY good album! I always thought this album was underappreciated… but… that is true for the whole discography of JMT!

I love this one!

Well done!

Nice song with a well told story.

This is a good song!

This is a beautiful, sad song. Was it from a personal experience you had>