Comments on Kevyspice's stuff

Kevyspice's avatar
Short MIDI piece inspired by one of our sweet cats. :)
Kevyspice said

Yep, AMUC, that’s the sound of a cat running the length of the house and back in about 3 seconds. :)

Kevyspice's avatar
Short MIDI piece inspired by one of our sweet cats. :)
AMUC's avatar
AMUC said

I take it the hurried part in the middle is when the cat suddenly decided “I need to be somewhere else like RIGHT NOW”, and scampered off at light speed.

Manipulated field recording.
fudgetusk's avatar
fudgetusk said

Love it.

Kevyspice's avatar
Pawn shop guitar through a plugin. I still like the window seat.
fudgetusk's avatar
fudgetusk said

Intrepidly mournful. I liked it.

Kevyspice's avatar
Another "the chord sequence spells something" track. I'm fond of those.

122

Kevyspice's avatar
The happiest-sounding thing I've ever recorded, as far as I can remember. Played on my new (at the time) acoustic guitar, upright bass, and thrift-store student-model bells.

LOL, The title implies that this could be played during the ending credits of Killer Clowns.

Kevyspice's avatar
Parametric plugin drums, guitar, and bass.

Compliments some Metallica works.

Kevyspice's avatar
Acoustic guitar, bowed psaltery, and various percussion. It took longer to tune the psaltery than to stumble through 3-4 takes of the simplistic melody.

I like it, possibly something from an old Western movie or early 20th century era.

Kevyspice's avatar
Built from 4 measures of sheet music appearing in the issue of Fortean Times used for inspiration. Created in FL Studio.

Possibly another track from the Killer Clowns remake, a scene with unsuspecting teens goofing around in a playground.

Kevyspice's avatar
Mandolin, acoustic guitar, and 5-string electric bass. Obviously, my guitar strumming cannot keep up with my mandolin picking.

I like it, can’t say I would put it any particular classification.

Kevyspice's avatar
Programmed drums, baritone guitar, and 6-string electric. Kinda boring, but it's only a minute and a half. :)

Another track from the Killer Clowns remake soundtrack.

Kevyspice's avatar
Parametric plugin drums, plus 5-string bass and Squier Strat copy. Might have recorded an acoustic guitar track as well, but it didn't work as well as the electric track, and the "song" sounded too busy with both.

It gives me the impression of a reggae tune to some degree.

Kevyspice's avatar
Parametric plugin drums plus guitar and bass. Clearly remember watching the rare Alabama snow fall into the light from our front porch, right under the double windows in my office/studio. The image has nothing to do with the track or the title…

The snow fall is a diversion of your attention from the title of this tract.lol

Kevyspice's avatar
Coulrophobia = fear of clowns. *shudder* Created in FL Studio.

Soundtrack for the remake of Killer Clowns from Outer Space?

Kevyspice's avatar
Background sounds = microphone into guitar pedal board with plenty of delay.

It could be used in a horror movie soundtrack. It does have that creepy sound that gives you that weird feeling.

Kevyspice's avatar
Live drums, guitars, bass, and keyboard. My wife pointed out the similar chord sequence/intervals to "Save Tonight" by Eagle-Eye Cherry, but I think mine starts in Bm, and theirs starts in Am. :)

Sort of a pop sound, but it sounds like you couldn’t find a way to end it, so you kept looping back around.

Kevyspice's avatar
Live guitars and bass, programmed parametric drums, and more computer voices. Not referring to a single, specific WETJ - there are plenty of examples. Credit for "Buddha Bubba" goes to the late, great Bill Hicks.

I can imagine this being on a college radio station, alternative music show. I kind of like it.

Kevyspice's avatar
DAW plugin drums, live guitar and bass. I don't really hate everything. Mostly just the sound of my own voice.

Speed Metal