Comments on jimgoodinmusic's stuff

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
Created in Pure Data and mixed live. One sample and several oscillators and noise objects.
fudgetusk said

Tremtastic. Womby. Vascular. Boing party.

newbold's avatar
newbold said

this ends like so poetically it is great.

newbold's avatar
newbold said

this is … so intense … — wow.

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
Oscillations created in Pure Data. Thinking about southern California and tears for a nation.
fudgetusk said

surprisingly pleasing to the ear holes

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
4 Pure Data oscillators and processed lap steel. Broken as in land for our times.
fudgetusk said

interesting. Got the image of a giant metallic sun rising over a ruined horizon.

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
Remixing 4 random lap steel outtakes from Reaper DAW recorded last spring. Using patch created in Pure Data.
fudgetusk said

LIke a countryside of sounds.

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
Michael Hedges who left us in 1997 has been on my mind lately. He was a long time influence and for several years I worked in a solo acoustic guitar format in his spirit. Last night I was inspired to play and improvised this rough with him in mind.

Very emotion provoking

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
A stretched recording of a street preacher captured earlier in the week combined with a violin improv from today. Titled for friends Jeff D and Peter T who both recently had to put their kitties down.

Soothingly soothing.

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
At the weekend music collective event this weekend we are thinking of a member of our community who passed away 2 years ago. Steve Moshier, an eclectic pioneer of music and sound, percussionist, composer and educator. Check out the event at…
fudgetusk said

Fascinating. Would never have known this was violin. Thought it was some harp. Nice atmosphere.

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
Another edit from a live setting in Prospect Park with harmonicist Ken Ficara and myself. This was opening moments. Ken - harmonica/electronics Jim - lap steel guitar/electronics.
newbold's avatar
newbold said

really nice stuff.. this is great.

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
Harmonicist Ken Ficara and I got together for a first time impromptu jam live recently in the meadow of Prospect Park. With instruments, some electronics, portable amps we performed for passerbys, dogs and water salesmen. This is one of 3 tracks…read more
Jason H. Austin's avatar
Jason H. Austin said

made me relive deadwood

Made me feel dizzy.

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
Processed violin and noise patch.
fudgetusk said

This is the sound heaven makes when a bow is played over it.

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
Another piece put together in Pure Data centered around element from Bobby Kennedy speech still ringing true today! Music elements by me. Drum sample from MattC90 on Freesound.org, https://freesound.org/people/Mattc90/sounds/264284/.
fudgetusk said

I love it. The drums are so weird. I’m going to steal it!

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
continued work with oscillators in Pure Data. Created a wash and improvised lap steel over it.
Kenneth Lavrsen's avatar
Kenneth Lavrsen said

Not my usual genre but I love new stuff and enjoyed the listen all the way

pharmakeus's avatar
pharmakeus said

Very atmospheric

created with Pure Data and midi guitar
pharmakeus's avatar
pharmakeus said

Innovative. Lush tones. Urban anomie ambient? Alone in the dark streets but almost home? Cool track :)

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
Another piece with the violin segments. Changed the position of the smaller segments of the samples in my Pure Data patch. Think you can dance to this one hence the title :)
fudgetusk said

You downloaded this from a robot Jesus from another universe and you know it!

Good work.

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
Live violin recorded in six 30 second samples, then digitally altered and remixed in a Pure Data patch I made this week for the purpose.

fabtastic

jimgoodinmusic's avatar
synth oscillations created in Pure Data a few days ago. This evening I added three tracks of violin improvised libe against the tones and then each other.
fudgetusk said

Very interesting. I think this is the music that Mr Spock would listen to between nerve pinches.