Comments on R. J. Garn's stuff

R. J. Garn's avatar
I wrote this song when I was 15 or 16. I was hitchhiking from Austin TX where I'd been playing music, back to Utah for xmas. I was stranded in the cold rain, no money, no ride, outside of El Paso. Recorded it years later..
Eternals's avatar
Eternals said

been there brother. not fun. cold rain on an empty highway hitchin' from New York to S. Dakota.

R. J. Garn's avatar
Recorded around a campfire on the banks of the Fremont River in Utah, early 1980s
thetworegs's avatar
thetworegs said

Wish I was there sounds quite the party

R. J. Garn's avatar
Recorded on Boulder mtn 1988 or so. Robert Leroy Parker, aka Butch Cassidy...just another homesick cowboy...
R. J. Garn said

My song about Robert Leroy Parker,aka Butch Cassidy. Recorded in the mid 1980s on Boulder Mtn Utah with a portable cassette 4 track

Recorded out in Capitol Reef Natonal Park with a portable cassette in 1986
Keith Landry's avatar
Keith Landry said

Well, THIS is lovely.

R. J. Garn's avatar
Taken from my Desert Rat album. Recorded live during a BBQ at my Torrey Utah homestead. Recorded on a Fostex cassette four track in 1985.
oldfolks2's avatar
oldfolks2 said

love it ....... Country Joe Lives !!!!!

R. J. Garn's avatar
In the early 70s I lived near Haight Ashbury, played music and was deeply involved in that scene. Wrote this song a few years later about those days. Recorded in one take at Rosewood studios..not bragging on the one take, we booked a full day…
oldfolks2's avatar
oldfolks2 said

Great song ....... and yes those were the days ...... right place, right time, etched forever in the old grey matter ....

R. J. Garn's avatar
Instrumental soundtrack, based on my song Hoodoo Land, originally written and recorded for use in a slideshow used to promote wilderness designation in Southern Utah. Recorded in a friends basement in Moab, Utah. Done in one take, no overdubs…

Another winner Kerry Soliz

Very old song I wrote in the late 1970's, but still like it. Enjoy

I love this one!

thetworegs's avatar
thetworegs said

Love the backing vocals from the crowd sounds like BBQ was a hit and a lot of fun

R. J. Garn's avatar
Wrote this during the covid lockdown. Recorded by my son Jim with Pauline on vocals...recorded July 2021
Sister Savage's avatar
Sister Savage said

Beautiful!

Mac McIntyre's avatar
Mac McIntyre said

πŸŽΆπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

KCsGroove's avatar
KCsGroove said

Good to hear from you again a fine song! KC

thetworegs's avatar
thetworegs said

Beautiful!

thetworegs's avatar
thetworegs said

Beautiful!

R. J. Garn said

A song I wrote during covid lockdown. My son Jim recorded it, Pauline helped on vocals. Recorded July, 2021...enjoy

Very old song I wrote in the late 1970's, but still like it. Enjoy

πŸ‘‹ enjoyed your song.

Nice

R. J. Garn's avatar
Newest song Ive written and recorded. Recorded at my sons home studio. My son produced, co wrote, and he plays the great lead guitar on the tune. Copyright by R.J. Garn and Jim Garn, December 2017.
acoustic57's avatar
acoustic57 said

A little bit of Chris Stapleton vibe here. Nice job guys :)

KCsGroove's avatar
KCsGroove said

cool rocksong with great guitars dig that edge on your vocals KC

Keith Landry's avatar
Keith Landry said

Man, GREAT to hear from Garn studios!!!