Comments on coelocanth's stuff

More Partch chaos.
dAb's avatar
dAb said

Interesting. Something about this reminds me of a pinball machine.

More Partch chaos.
vaisvil's avatar
vaisvil said

weirdly interesting !

coelocanth's avatar
An experiment with quarter tone tuning. I tuned my guitar: low E (normal tuning) A (quarter step up) D (normal tuning) G (quarter step down) B (normal tuning) high E (tuned D then quarter step down)
Johnny Stone's avatar
Johnny Stone said

Nicely done mate dig this.

coelocanth said

Wow. Pleasantly surprised. Thanks.

nice!

vaisvil's avatar
vaisvil said

I like this - makes me want to give this technique a try.

Reefwalker's avatar
Reefwalker said

love the title…ahh the exponential possibilities of alt tuning. really cool, (but brief) sounds at 3:09 too

coelocanth's avatar
My (first?) submission for this week's improvFriday. bleepBox! app, stylophone and police scanner. http://improvfriday.ning.com/
c}{imps 8 my ears's avatar
c}{imps 8 my ears said

thanks very much, if it weren’t for alonetone, I might not think of myself the same way. ImprovFriday promises to be another grreat creative outlet and seems to go hand in hand with AT.

vaisvil's avatar
vaisvil said

I feel like I’m a beatnik scene with a scanner - very odd vibes - nice!!

coelocanth's avatar
Used crypticmeadow's banjo rhythm track and some samples from Jonathan's sermons.
vaisvil's avatar
vaisvil said

wow! this weird! in the best way!! Is that your guitar beating away?

Will I Ram's avatar
Will I Ram said

There are some strange things happening here! I Like.

coelocanth's avatar
a sound collage of various voice memos on the ipod nano. Michelangelo's didj tries to tie it all together.
c}{imps 8 my ears's avatar
c}{imps 8 my ears said

i can hear the fat dripping

vaisvil's avatar
vaisvil said

cool piece!

kirklynch's avatar
kirklynch said

Is there any idiom you won’t tackle? Cool stuff man!

vaisvil's avatar
vaisvil said

interesting aggressive minimal electro

coelocanth's avatar
Over at improvFriday Bruce Hamilton took my piece and mashed it up, also featuring Shane Cadman.
Alister Flint's avatar
Alister Flint said

pretty good! could you tell more about the production?

coelocanth's avatar
An improv with Bleep!Box app and Harry Partch's Eucal Blossom.
vaisvil's avatar
vaisvil said

very cool electro!

coelocanth's avatar
Fooling around with bleep!BOX app.
Breaking Light's avatar
Breaking Light said

fave this to go in my appstract playlist. Anyone else out there doing anything with music creation apps?

coelocanth's avatar
and cone gongs, bass marimba, hand drums.
Hydrographica's avatar
Hydrographica said

Freaking sweet.

coelocanth's avatar
and cone gongs, bass marimba, hand drums.
Reefwalker's avatar
Reefwalker said

groovy percussion sounds Nice!