Comments on kirklynch's stuff

kirklynch's avatar
A simple solo acoustic guitar track for a dear departed four legged friend. Written 2005. Recorded Jan 9 2009.
arjo's avatar
arjo said

I think it was a lovely dog ? ❤️

kirklynch's avatar
A moody solo acoustic thing that I came up with playing in a long forgotten tuning. Just got a new Zoom H4N, so this was recorded in my shop sitting at my reedmaking bench may 12 2009
markus4lonetone's avatar
markus4lonetone said

Very very nice. I’m happy to have stumbled across your music. Makes me want to work at your shop and make music :)

kirklynch's avatar
Sitting around in my shop a couple of days ago with the Goodall and the Zoom H4N. First time I've really messed with using the internal mics on the H4N in multitrack mode
Colleen Dillon's avatar
Colleen Dillon said

Gorgeous

A short unfinished jazzy kinda thing from the end of 2006
slkrell's avatar
slkrell said

Gin n quinine more jazz on alonetone please

kirklynch's avatar
Mining the archives a bit. This is an alternate take of my "Jimi Jam" from a couple of years ago. Live to 2 tracks with the Jamman. Really only sounds OK when cranked up loud enough that your eardrums threaten to meet in the middle. LOL!!

Spouse-approved.

kirklynch's avatar
More searching for new sounds. Same setup as the last one. Experimented a bit with paulstretch on the fadeout
igor's avatar
igor said

The more you search, the more you find. Or get lost, which is sometimes the best option. Life goes on and will go on, right? All the best to you, Kirk! Igor 03.10.2018

kirklynch's avatar
Last of the archives for now. A set of reels from the Last Nights Fun album. I did pipes, whistle and guitar on the last tune in the set. There's a live version of this up here too. This is the studio cut
Norm's avatar
Norm said

Too much fun!

kirklynch's avatar
Kinda rough. I'm uploading this mainly to share a guitar technique I've been working on. I'm wearing a slide on my picking hand and using it to alter pitches in single line phrases. There's a lot more can be done with this technique that I've…
Movement To Contact's avatar
Movement To Contact said

Came back to this one again...still amazing....

Jason Earls's avatar
Jason Earls said

Incredible piece, that acoustic sounds so good...

kirklynch's avatar
Recently picked up an old Ovation 12 string for cheap and also the newer Boss octave pedal, so I had to do something with the new toys
Jason Earls's avatar
Jason Earls said

...the part at about 1:15, Wow!

kirklynch's avatar

thnx for checking out crack and aids , sound like i'm in ireland or something thnx great instrumentations

Ed Craig's avatar
Ed Craig said

Wow. Beautiful guitar work. Reminds me of early genesis steve hacket stuff.

kirklynch's avatar
This track is from the 1986 Scartaglen album "The Middle Path". The first tune "Jezaig" was composed by Breton musician Gilles Le Bigot. The second tune is one of the "Cantigas de Santa Maria" and is attributed to King Alfonso X of Spain Roger…
Bethan Mathis's avatar
Bethan Mathis said

Swoon!

kirklynch's avatar
More from the way back machine. A set of polkas from the 1992 Scartaglen album "Last Nights Fun". Former band mate Mike Dugger wrote the first 2 tunes and I can't remember where we got the last tune. There is a live version of this up here. This…
Bethan Mathis's avatar
Bethan Mathis said

I keep forgetting, I don't have to just listen anymore. Over the years, I have enjoyed the Scartaglen ones so much. Thanks Kirk.

4barrelcarb (4BC)'s avatar
4barrelcarb (4BC) said

Perfect for St Patty's! enjoyed! :)

lux lucis's avatar
lux lucis said

Groovy. I love this one.

kirklynch's avatar
An unusual traditional tune from the first Scartaglen album way back in 1984. Going through stuff the other day and ran across the LP and couldn't even remember the tune or having recorded it. I played guitar on this track

How lovely to have these tracks from what is now a fairly distant past. Great musicianship.

kirklynch's avatar

Kirk, This is Greg Zenitsky. You likely won't remember me but I was a student at UMKC in the early 80's and I made a couple of recordings of Scartaglen as part of a project in Tom Mardie's audio recording classes. I believe one of the tunes was Metal Man. Is this cut from that tape by chance? I misplaced my tape copies years ago before having the opportunity to make digital copies. Regardless, I hope this message finds you well. Always enjoyed your music!

Imbecilicus Rex's avatar
Imbecilicus Rex said

Okay, that is a remarkable use of paulstretch...

Imbecilicus Rex's avatar