Comments on kirklynch's stuff

More searching for new sounds. Same setup as the last one. Experimented a bit with paulstretch on the fadeout
igor said

The more you search, the more you find. Or get lost, which is sometimes the best option. Life goes on and will go on, right?
All the best to you, Kirk!

Igor
03.10.2018

Last of the archives for now. A set of reels from the Last Nights Fun album. I did pipes, whistle and guitar on the last tune in the set. There's a live version of this up here too. This is the studio cut
Norm said

Too much fun!

Just an experiment from a while back using multiple delay units. I hated it initially, but after not hearing it for a few months I decided there were enough interesting moments to warrant sharing.
fudgetusk said

You’re a great player. Envy! Fat fingers, me.

What can I say? I just always feel this way this time of year. Done with the Goodall fitted with a Sunrise pickup and the usual toys and loopers.
fudgetusk said

Lovely tune. Very relaxing.

This is a snippet of acoustic guitar recorded a year or so ago which was already loaded with effects. I ran that through paulstretch and came up with this. It created almost orchestral or choral sounds in places.
fudgetusk said

trippy. what instrument is that if any?

Something that I intend to develop more at some point, but was going through things from a month or so ago and kind of liked this little version
fudgetusk said

nice. feel like my brain is being massaged by the notes.

Archival stuff from the 1986 Scaraglen album "the Middle Path". A friend recently asked me about it and I got around to getting some of it in digital form finally. I played whistle on this set, which are tunes we learned from some County Kerry…
fudgetusk said

That’s a nice , jaunty tune. Very expertly done too.

Kinda rough. I'm uploading this mainly to share a guitar technique I've been working on. I'm wearing a slide on my picking hand and using it to alter pitches in single line phrases. There's a lot more can be done with this technique that I've…read more
Movement To Contact said

Came back to this one again…still amazing….

Sitting around in my shop a couple of days ago with the Goodall and the Zoom H4N. First time I've really messed with using the internal mics on the H4N in multitrack mode
Jason Earls said

Incredible piece, that acoustic sounds so good…

Recently picked up an old Ovation 12 string for cheap and also the newer Boss octave pedal, so I had to do something with the new toys
Jason Earls said

…the part at about 1:15, Wow!

word60 said

thnx for checking out crack and aids , sound like i’m
in ireland or something thnx great instrumentations

Ed Craig said

Wow. Beautiful guitar work. Reminds me of early genesis steve hacket stuff.

This track is from the 1986 Scartaglen album "The Middle Path". The first tune "Jezaig" was composed by Breton musician Gilles Le Bigot. The second tune is one of the "Cantigas de Santa Maria" and is attributed to King Alfonso X of Spain Roger…read more
Bee Mathis said

Swoon!

More from the way back machine. A set of polkas from the 1992 Scartaglen album "Last Nights Fun". Former band mate Mike Dugger wrote the first 2 tunes and I can't remember where we got the last tune. There is a live version of this up here. This…read more
Bee Mathis said

I keep forgetting, I don’t have to just listen anymore. Over the years, I have enjoyed the Scartaglen ones so much. Thanks Kirk.

4barrelcarb (4BC) said

Perfect for St Patty’s! enjoyed! :)

lux lucis said

Groovy. I love this one.

An unusual traditional tune from the first Scartaglen album way back in 1984. Going through stuff the other day and ran across the LP and couldn't even remember the tune or having recorded it. I played guitar on this track

How lovely to have these tracks from what is now a fairly distant past. Great musicianship.

Kirk,
This is Greg Zenitsky. You likely won’t remember me but I was a student at UMKC in the early 80’s and I made a couple of recordings of Scartaglen as part of a project in Tom Mardie’s audio recording classes. I believe one of the tunes was Metal Man. Is this cut from that tape by chance? I misplaced my tape copies years ago before having the opportunity to make digital copies. Regardless, I hope this message finds you well. Always enjoyed your music!

Imbecilicus Rex said

Okay, that is a remarkable use of paulstretch…

Imbecilicus Rex said

Very, very nice!

Wildgeas Music said

Your a bad ass Kirk Lynch.

Much love Amigo!

I hesitate to upload this, but there are a couple folks around who like this sort of thing. This is an edited down version of a jam I had with myself back at the end of 2007. Live to 2 tracks with the aid of the Jamman. I think it was the first…
thetworegs said

Don’t hesitate lets have some more …..

Jason Earls said

outstanding technique and phrasing!

Just one of my ambient "places to go live for a while" pieces
slooky said

nice music, love it

Just one of my ambient "places to go live for a while" pieces

Nice 80s vibe, could be useful as a soundtrack!
Maybe I could suggest adding a driving drum beat just to get things going ;)

Jason Earls said

amazing piece, love the change around :55!

lux lucis said

I love this. Excellent!

Colleen Dillon said

I just found this! Gorgeous!!!!!

<3 it.

You have beautiful hands sir.