Comments on yelyah's stuff

Given the spirited twitter reaction to the question of whether SisterSavage should buy pitch correction software, I submit this. The pre-melodyne version of "spilt milk". It also retains my so-called "MST3K" vocals, which were removed in the…

我就和大姐3

lullaby featuring piano (but of course!) Notes: Today I learned how to add an insert effect to the master channel. The song was way quiet so it got boosted via a limiter. Hurray.
Ed Craig said

Beauty!

:‘DD Thank you!

Live improv. Minimalist piano. No edits.
kirklynch said

Lovely stuff! Where ya been?

Vocal piece complete with fake accents!

Yeah! :)

"Farmer's Blow" is redneck rap. Oh yeah, I went there. - - - If you're on the run And your nose has gotta go Don't grab a tissue Do the farmer's blow Just tilt your head To the side Then block one nostril And let it ride You may think That…read more
lgh said

I’ll have to remember your good advice if I encounter any bears….

LG

I excel at disappearing for long stretches, eh? I think with this I'm officially committing to doing FAWM. And R.I.P. my songwriting drought. August 27th, 2009 - February 1st, 2010.
Adryan Rotica said

Beautiful…..should be a sound track in a movie~!!!!

You know those people who like to break out the family photos or something of that sort with which to bore their guests? This is my version of that. Most of what makes this song special to me is for all the same reasons that you won't share…read more
Norm said

Good heavens you have a lot of great tunes…

Let us celebrate our failures and our successes! I submit my failure here for consideration. I actually want to do something more with this just because it's a lot darker than I usually write. Unfortunately, it never turned into something musical…read more
Norm said

Brilliant, indeed!

Norm said

Your accents are incredible… what a range!

Oh yeah. The silly a cappellas are back. Ideas they are like water Just floating all along But you really can't hold on Ideas they are elusive You can chase 'em everyday In the end they get away So get that old idea And dust it off It don't…read more
Norm said

Oh this is very, very good. And any song that mentions “bacon” is a hit with me.

Norm said

Brilliant!

Oh, I had such big plans for this song. Acoustic guitar, tin whistle, maybe go and drag the bagpipes out of storage (cough, or as the case really would be: fire up Logic, so I can use an external plugin). I went to storm spotters training instead…read more
Norm said

This is adorable!

My final project required a vocal, so I made one up. "lucid traum" is the vocal-less version of this song.
Norm said

I hate those dreams. I have them too: The naked math class; foot stuck in the train tracks; the sudden discovery of a test that I haven’t studied for.

Ah, but also the great dreams - flying, etc.

Great train sample!

I am toast and you are bread
c}{imps 8 my ears said

TOAST!

Funny how it's generally the songs that I spend the most time on, where I hardly write any story. So I'll just briefly say this is the [songfight.org](http://songfight.org) song that I hadn't even intended to write.
c}{imps 8 my ears said

relationship tensions make for great lyrics

yelyah - “solo piano 20100411” semi live improv Semi live in that I had an idea of where I wanted to go, but never locked the melody in (as is probably obvious).

so sweet, well done

kirklynch said

Nice one!

kirklynch said

Beautiful!

Galileo's Cough Drop said

Good soundtrack for my vegetative state this morning. :)

yelyah - “solo piano 20100408” live improv piano Listen as I fall apart near the end of it.
richardlaceves said

well played

yelyah - “solo piano 20100410” live improv piano Sometimes I leave in the fumbling beginnings because they’re amusing to me. This would be one of those times.
richardlaceves said

also nice

richardlaceves said

very pretty,,,, short visit into the beautiful world of solo piano

yelyah - “solo piano 20100409” simple piano melody I really should do something further with this some day. I guess I’m still on a semi-holiday after the marathon songwriting session that produced half life.

Cool water. Very nice!

Wow, lovely autumnal feel to this!

vaisvil said

Nice piano solo!

Mr Sandbags said

Hey there. Thanks for the comment on my practice session. You’re right that we piano strugglers need a support & self-help group! Maybe something in the forums, a “practice” top-level topic might be good enough.

Silly song. Silly lyrics. One live take. I recorded the piano and vocals simultaneously, though if you want to get geeky about it, the piano was via MIDI. However, if you listen closely you might be able to hear me hitting the keys in the background…read more

This song is genius.

If you followed me back in August, you might remember how I spent several days porting this song over to Logic. Well, now that I'm using Reason+Record, I basically threw out all of that hard work and started over. I haven't yet had the time…read more
Wildgeas Music said

There are a few songs on this site that chill me. This is one of them.

Galileo's Cough Drop said